Are you the type who drives cars to the bitter end? Or, were you recently involved in an accident that wrecked your car beyond repair? Either way, a wrecked car can be frustrating to deal with—and not just because you need to find another way of getting around. When a vehicle bites the dust, you also have the dilemma of dealing with an immobile two-ton hunk of metal.
How Should You Get Rid of a Junked Car?
You have a few different options when looking to unload a broken-down car, and some choices are better than others.
Never abandon a car
Some car owners might be tempted to take what seems like the easy route and just leave their car where it broke down. However, that's a bad idea for a few different reasons. Many states have laws against abandoned vehicles, and you might end up with a ticket or even a suspended license. They can track whoever owns the car through its Vehicle Identification Number. Plus, it's just rude to leave that much litter on the side of the road!
Car Salvage Yards
One of the worst ideas is to give away your car for free or, worse yet, pay someone to take your car off your hands. There are plenty of companies willing to perform this “service”. And, you know why? Because they can make money from selling it. But if they can cash in on a broken-down car, then why can't you?
Selling your car
Did you know you can actually make money selling your junked car? just because a car is beyond repair doesn't mean it's worthless! Working parts can be reused and scrap metal can be recycled. While it takes a tremendous amount of time, resources and know-how to your car piece by piece, a wrecked car buyer like DamagedCars.com will give you a check for the whole car in practically any condition.
The traditional way of selling a junked car starts by asking the question: "Where can I find car salvage near me?" The second question is “Should I sell my car to a car salvage yard near me?” The answer to that is generally “no”.
Why Sell Your Car to a Salvage Yard?
It's true that salvage yards buy broken-down cars, but selling to these businesses has both its ups and downs. There are more downs that ups.
- Car salvage yards usually pay immediately at sale.
- You won't have to worry about local laws that can make disposing of certain car components complicated.
- It's environmentally friendly. Not only will your car not be taking up space in a landfill, but its reused parts and recycled materials will help reduce waste.
- You'll need to do some research to find a junkyard nearby with the best reputation. While online searches have made this easier, not all information is available on the web.
- May salvage yards make you bring your car in yourself. The is hard to do with a car that won't start unless you happen to have your own tow truck. Otherwise, you may have to pay to have it towed in.
- Their offer will probably be low. Car salvage yards operate on thin margins, reselling cheap parts or metal for scrap. If you paid a tower, the sale may barely cover costs.
- Many junkyards won't give you an offer until the car is brought in. If you decline the offer, it's then your responsibility to haul your car back home.
- Sometimes this combination of inconvenience and lowballing is used as a specific tactic to get you to sell your car for less than a fair price. These businesses bank on you not wanting to go through with the hassle.
- The car salvage business is well known for its poor customer service. While some can be friendly, there's a good chance you won’t be dealing with the best service.
Why Sell Your Car Through DamagedCars.com?
At DamagedCars.com, we provide the same benefits as selling to a salvage yard but with better prices and none of the drawbacks. Throughout service, you can get a quick, guaranteed offer over the phone today. Plus, we'll schedule a pickup time that works best for you, usually within 24 to 48 hours. You'll get a check at pickup once the title has been transferred. DamagedCars.com issues cashier's checks or locally issued corporate checks, which are much safer than cash or personal check.
And the icing on the cake? We pride ourselves in offering friendly service.
If that sounds like the right option for you, tell us about your car for a no-obligation, free, guaranteed offer fast!
We buy any car anywhere in the continental USA. We come to your place and pay Cash for your car. FREE Car Pickup available.
DamagedCars.com is the fasters, easiest and the most secure way to Sell Your Car online.
Sell your wrecked car with body damage or mechanical issues. No problem!
Get a Cash Offer and see How Much is Your Car Worth.
GET AN OFFER NOW